This Motion to Congress was passed at the branch meeting on Wednesday March 10th
- That the military in Myanmar have seized power and are conducting mass arrests of activists across the country.
- That part of the Civil Disobedience Movement is organised from university campuses, involving student-led protests and strikes by academics.
- That the military is brutally suppressing this resistance, arresting at gunpoint a union leader at Yangon University, Professor Arkar Moe Thu, on 2 March 2021.
- To extend our solidarity to the Civil Disobedience Movement, and to demand the release of Professor Arkar Moe Thu and others held by the regime.
- To negotiate for students applying from Myanmar to be allowed to use alternative criteria to the IELTS exam due to internal restrictions in the country.
- To demand that universities audit their investments and partners to sever connections with organisations and individuals that are linked to the Burmese military.