The below motion was adopted by the Branch with a strong majority.
This branch notes:
- That UCU at UoN again easily reached the ballot threshold of 50% during the most recent, national ballot (local records indicate a turnout in excess of 60%);
- That we are well organised locally and therefore ready to defend our conditions at UoN if and when necessary;
This branch believes:
- That it is our key task to defend all jobs and working conditions;
- That we need to maintain our readiness to take action through the continuing building of our reps network;
This branch resolves:
- That any management plans for redundancies will immediately trigger an e-ballot as a first step towards a formal ballot on industrial action.